05/18/2012 Member Benefit Spotlight: Government Affairs and National Industry Representation
WECA members benefit from representation with elected officials at the local, state, and national levels. Benefits include:
- Dedicated representation from WECA Government Affairs Director Richard Markuson
- Representation on merit shop issues, particularly those that affect your ability to compete in California's tough construction market
- Promotion and support of fair and open competition legislation and policy
- Education and bulletins on Union activities
- Proactive defense strategies and public efforts against Project Labor Agreements
- Defense of WECA's apprenticeship programs and their funding
- Representation on the US Chamber of Commerce Public Affairs and Labor Committees
- Annual updates to WECA Business Laws book.
Questions? Would you like to become more involved with WECA governmental affairs initiatives and representation? Please contact Richard Markuson at firstname.lastname@example.org.